Scott discusses non-monetary ways to motivate teams.
- Provide access to company resources that help them move faster
- Give degrees of freedom.
- Provide immediate feedback on areas of weakness and offer additional training in areas of strength.
- Send a note of thanks for effort.
- Offer new and challenging assignments.
- Publicly recognize an achievement and what it took to get that result.
- Give them a mentor to help them to grow.
- Provide excellent development opportunities.
- Illustrate a career path.
- Ask the people that you are trying to motivate what they want.